Monday, January 23, 2017

Closure

I keep telling myself that I need some sort of closure when it comes to our relationship

Some defining conversation or action to make me feel as though
everything I had to say was spoken
everything I had to say was understood

I had always said exactly what I had needed to say to him
But when he was gone there was a nagging feeling that some things were left unsaid

He wasn't understanding
Whether he wasn't or couldn't is up for debate

A good morning or goodnight message, an "I miss you" or "Thinking of you", a letter. Anything.

That was all I wanted
That was all I needed

If I couldn't even get those simple gestures in return, how could I expect him to fight to keep me?
If sending a three word text was too much work for him, how could I expect him to take time out of his life to try and keep me there.


I guess that's all the closure I really need, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment